Saturday, August 28, 2010

How to make home school affordable?

I just wanted to share a heads up that this week's Blog Cruise Carnival has some great ideas about this. My favorite resource is my local library. They have great programs, a wonderful collection of books, DVDs and they will get books I am looking for either through interlibrary loan or buy them! So I recommend becoming friends with your local library's children's department. I also recommend sites such as your local freecycle and craigslist. I have found free office supplies, desks, and even homeschool materials for free or very minimal cost.
The another resource I use a lot is the local paper. I look for free events and activities. We live near a state park which offers free naturalist programing and nature crafts.
Join your local homeschool co-op. Many times classes are taught by parents with wonderful skills to share. A local co-op also provides encouragement and a support system if you live in an area where homeschooling is still viewed as unusual. So check out this week's Carnival!

No comments:

Post a Comment