Monday, January 10, 2011

Easy Classical History "Explorers to 1820" Schedule

"The framework of these schedules is structured around the recommendations of Susan Wise Bauerʼs book The Well-Trained Mind: a Guide to Classical Education at Home. Read this book for an excellent foundation on which to base your childʼs schooling. It will also clarify how to use the sheets and helps that we have provided in your packet."

I have to say that after reading that introduction I was very interested in checking out this history schedule for the Grammar Stage: History from the Explorers to 1820. The Well-Trained Mind is my favorite homeschooling book, I re-read parts of it every year at the beginning of each new stage of learning. Easy Classical offers homeschool help by organizing, in this case, a 36 week history schedule that allows you to follow the classic model when teaching history.

"All the hard work is done for you. We have researched classical curriculum choices, integrated subjects, and tested the schedules for ease of use. Easy Classical schedules break a full year of education down into specific, daily assignments that are adaptable to fit all styles of learning. You will cover everything simply by following the schedule..."

I reviewed the Digital Version which is 106 pages of easy to read scheduling for a 5 day (M-F) school week. Each day's assignment is clearly outlined and easy to follow. The curriculum list is very clearly laid out and available for purchase. I would imagine that several of the main texts are already on your bookshelf if you follow the classical model.  I found that most of the read-alouds listed were available from my local library. The weeks are broken up by subjects: Explorers, 13 Colonies, Colonial America, Road to Independence and Revolution. The digital format can be printed and put into a binder. There are art, music, geography, and narration activities. The schedule can be adapted to your child's learning style. I really enjoy history studied in chronological order I have found that it makes history more understandable. You would find this schedule very helpful if you are wanting to tweek your history lessons, teach in an more organized fashion or you find that you just don't have time to make a schedule like this yourself. It is truly print and go.


Notebook Version: $35.95
Digital Version: $29.95


Any products reviewed by me as a member of the TOS Homeschool Crew have been given to me free of charge in order for me to provide you with an honest review of the product and/or how I used the product within my family. I do not receive any other form of compensation for the reviews posted on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment