Friday, March 25, 2011

Big IQ kids: Helping Kids Become and Stay A+ Students

 The premise of BigIQkids.com is to provide unparalleled FREE educational applications. In doing so, we firmly believe that structured learning – everyday - coupled with interactive fun, is a winning combination that begets higher grades, happier kids and an overall appreciation for scholarship and success. Our methodology focuses on developing disciplined study habits within an intellectually stimulating environment rather than overwhelming a young learner with crammed facts and figures. copied from site.

BigIQkids helps your child build proficiency in the core elementary subjects spelling, math, vocabulary and United States program. There are also supplementary games/ebooks at their site.

This product is well put together. It has quality educational value. BigIQkids offers online learning/tutoring. I feel this type of learning has it place depending on your families needs. This is a great product if your children enjoy playing educational, online games. Unfortunately mine do not. My 5th grade son worked through each level but found the tutor avatar irritating. You cannot turn off the tutor and the tutor is very repetitive. As  parents we know that repetition and drill are important. These skills are used in all subjects addressed: spelling, vocabulary, math and US facts. My child was able to anticipate the next word or problem coming up and I found him just clicking through the instruction to get to the problems. I did not like that aspect of the program. I did like that I received progress reports to let me know how my son was doing in each of the subjects. My best recommendation would be to check out their free options and if your child likes it subscribe.

 BigIQkids can be used as a free or premium product. The product is geared for children grades 1-6 and can be purchased for $19.99 a month.

Any products reviewed by me as a member of the TOS Homeschool Crew have been given to me free of charge in order for me to provide you with an honest review of the product and/or how I used the product within my family. I do not receive any other form of compensation for the reviews posted on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment