Friday, September 24, 2010

Great Gift Idea ! Schleich Animal Figures

I am always on the look out for unusual gifts for children. I keep a few things in the closet just for back up. Recently I had the opportunity to learn about Schleich GmbH. This German company is the leading manufacturer of animal figurines and play worlds.
Their quality, durable products are poured into moulds and hand painted. They are very substantial and age appropriate from 3 years of age up.
I like them personally because no batteries are included or involved. My daughter, in particular, likes to set up whole play sets and entertain herself for hours and even days on end because she constantly shifts and changes her set.
These animals also lend themselves to learning if you are studying animals, dinosaurs, habitats, Native Americans or again to encourage imaginative play.  The sets are divided up into 7 worlds: Farm life, Wild Life, Prehistorical Animals, World of Knights, World of American Indians, Bayala, and Smurfs. Also if you want to provide a creative alternative to online pets Schleich provides interactive activities that can supplement your child's studies or provide rainy day activities.  Some of the neat and unusual animals you can purchase are Meerkats, Whale Sharks,  giant Octopus, Jaguars, Apatosaurus,  Clydesdales,  Bernese Mountain dogs and the list goes on and on. You can also purchase a stable girl, covered wagon driver, various knights, elfs, dragons to round out your child's world. At our local store you can by these figurines anywhere from $2.99-$7.99 but you might go to the website to check local availability. 

My daughter and I recommend these products as a great gift and/or high,quality, long lasting educational toySearch Amazon.com for schleich.


Any products reviewed by me as a member of the TOS Homeschool Crew have been given to me free of charge in order for me to provide you with an honest review of the product and/or how I used the product within my family. I do not receive any other form of compensation for the reviews posted on this blog

1 comment:

  1. I thought these were wonderful, too. I already plan to buy some as Christmas presents for my nieces and nephews.

    ReplyDelete