Friday, September 10, 2010

Looking for help teaching math?

An opportunity to review an up and coming math site was presented to me recently. America's math teacher is a new math tutoring site that is just launching. The producer/teacher Rick Fisher is a math instructor for the Oak Grove School District in San Jose, California. Since graduating from San Jose State University in 1971 with a B.A. in mathematics, Rick has devoted his time to teaching fifth and sixth grade math students.
Rick designed this system for elementary, middle grades and even high school students who were not prepared for algebra, to help bring them to algebra-readiness in less than one school year. The program, states that many of Rick's students have improved several grade levels in their math abilities in just one school year. Rick has also used the program successfully with students who are struggling with math and have limited English skills.

I am teaching (3rd, 5th) and I did find that my children used the recorded tutorials and worksheets provided. The program is divided into 2 courses. We examined course 1 which covered math tutorials from adding, subtracting, dividing, and multiplying whole numbers to fractions, probability, ratios, and over and above the course of study my children are currently using. Based on my examination though I found all tutorials easy to follow and understand.

One year's subscription is $195. You can check out the program by taking advantage of the free sample lessons and downloads. So if you are looking for a better fit for teaching math this would definitely be something to examine.

Any products reviewed by me as a member of the TOS Homeschool Crew have been given to me free of charge in order for me to provide you with an honest review of the product and/or how I used the product within my family. I do not receive any other form of compensation for the reviews posted on this blog

No comments:

Post a Comment